Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fruit of the Spirit 05 Feb 2014 13:55 #6314

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Fruit of the Spirit is something one may hear in Christian circles. Some say it refers to those gifts conferred upon an individual by God by walking in faith with him. And others may say it's the Love of God personified through the mortal heart.

The word fruit or to bear fruit is what we do and fruit of the spirit to me is a consequence of being in relationship with God through the Holy Spirit. So in this vein I thought we might share what spiritual gifts, personal changes, miracles and blessings has come to you as a consequence of praying for our Father's Love?

Recently (last few years), I've seen a profound change in my relationship with animals. When I was a toddler, a dog chased me as I ran around my brothers stroller as Mom was walking us to the store. The dog bit me in the backside with a rather nasty bite and afterwards I was afraid of dogs most of my life. I owned a few as pets but it was more tolerance of someone else in our home wanting a pet.

The last few years though I've been bonding with our dogs (now 5), and feeling profound love for them. My fear of dogs is totally gone now. When I walk near one now I feel an energy of love go out from me to the animal and we make a connection. I can now get near other people's animals (cats/dogs) where others cannot. So, this is one area of my life where I see Fruit of the Spirit, the power of the Father's Divine Love, in my relationship with animals. I've got many more such blessings to share but perhaps you have a story to tell of how the Father's Love has blessed or changed you too.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 05 Feb 2014 21:32 #6316

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Thank you for your lovely post, Dan.

I can think of a few instances where I've changed because of Divine Love in my soul.

One of them is the courage to stand up for what's right and for the truth, especially when it comes to Jesus' teachings. The other is to know when to stay silent, which I go to God for this guidance.

A big change for me is being able to go it alone, like for instance on a recent trip to Ireland. I've always traveled with another person, but this time it was just me... and God. I was amazed at how easy it was, even though I drove on the "wrong side" of the road for the first time and got lost several times. There was always an "angel," nearby who helped me whenever I needed it. So you could say that I've given my trust to God and am assured that even when I'm alone, I'm never alone. :cheer:

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 06 Feb 2014 13:10 #6317

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan, wow what a wonderful gift you have received in your new found strength. It takes moxie to stand up for truth and not be quiet about it. And then to feel comfortable traveling, especially in foreign lands without fear is impressive too. The quality of being strong and having a soft heart is a testament to your Divinity Joan.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 06 Feb 2014 21:15 #6318

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Dan wrote:

The quality of being strong and having a soft heart is a testament to your Divinity Joan.

That's so sweet of you to say that, Dan, but frequently I get reminders that I'm still a long way off. I just know I need more Divine Love and when I feel it's inflowing, I'm relieved! Thank you, God!! :cheer:

Love and hugs,
Joan

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 08 Feb 2014 21:58 #6326

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi Dan, I got a puppy for my thirteenth birthday, we grew up together and went everywhere together, he was my companion and we were close, when things were difficult at home, he was there, when I wanted to just get away from it all, he came too, when I was sad, he made me happy, once he saved my life, I'll never forget him.

Hi Joan, I remember you telling me about your trip in Ireland, I thought you were brave going it alone and driving on the left hand side of the road in a foreign country.
In this country we drive on the right side and when I and my family went on holiday in England I found that sometimes driving on the left side didn't go all that well, especially driving around those massive roundabouts with traffic lights where you have to get in the correct lane to drive off to where your going, once we drove around one of these about six times trying to get in the right lane, we had a good laugh about it though.

Re:Fruit of the Spirit 09 Feb 2014 14:12 #6327

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan wrote:

Dan wrote:

The quality of being strong and having a soft heart is a testament to your Divinity Joan.

That's so sweet of you to say that, Dan, but frequently I get reminders that I'm still a long way off.

You can tell allot about a person by helping them wash dishes together. I remember that day I had met you for the first time at Holly's when we all met for prayer. I really enjoyed those few moments we had together.