Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dear God, It's all about You 26 Jun 2013 05:04 #5900

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
I was at a Divine Love Retreat last week and during a prayer circle each person was asked if they would like to say a prayer. When it was my turn, I told God, who I refer to as "Dear," that He means so much to me, I love Him with all my heart and soul, and it's "all about You." For without God, our loving Heavenly Father, where would we be? We wouldn't exist. We are His children, His loving family and God loves us with every ounce of His soul. How can we not return our love to Him as well?

If you are checking out the forum for the first time, you'll notice that our previous posts were over six months ago. I'm extremely grateful to Ian for re-opening his forum today, because I feel our posts are informative and inspirational and guests to his website will benefit by reading our experiences and knowledge of Jesus' teachings through James E. Padgett.

The forum is both public and private insofar as members have the option of posting to various threads that cannot be viewed by the public. We welcome you to join if you wish to meet Divine Love people, ask questions or share your spiritual experiences, and join with us when we declare to God, "It's all about You."

Love and blessings,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dear God, It's all about You 27 Jun 2013 00:07 #5901

• Jan
  • Thank you received: 35
Yes it is all about God. Trust in God with ALL your heart, lean not to your own understanding and in all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct thee in thy path. To me this is having a relationship with God. My relationship is even better now that I understand that God is Soul.

That is what I strive to do everyday in all things is to ask God. He gave me the gift of this life and I want to thank him by doing his will. Can you imagine the adventure this life can be when we ask and and know that he is directing our paths! Then he gave us another gift of eternal life if we so choose. Can you imagine how incredible it's going to be to talk to Jesus about how good God is!!

I too am glad this board has opened back up. We need to share more about the great things God does for us.

Much Love!
Jan
If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156

Re:Dear God, It's all about You 30 Jun 2013 21:39 #5905

• Tim
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you, Joan, for sharing your affectionate way of greeting our dear Father. I guess I'm a bit more formal by nature (Virgo rising) and greet Him with "dear heavenly Father".

We are in total agreement about the necessity for recognizing that God Is! Seems to me to be the very first step one needs to take in order to start along the "path." In fact what I call the "Thou Art" principle is so important that the phrase appears not once but three times in The Prayer (Prayer Perfect) received by medium James Padgett.

The first sentence introduces us to the phrase "Our Father, Who art in heaven we recognize that Thou Art... Then we pray for faith to "know that Thou Art..." and finally thank Him and say that we believe "that Thou Art..."

To paraphrase your writing, Joan: If not for the fact that our Creator Is and always Was, where would I be?

brother Tim Foley

Re:Dear God, It's all about You 01 Jul 2013 21:42 #5907

• Joan
Jan and Tim, I loved reading your posts.

I discovered that having a personal relationship with God, our Heavenly Father, didn't automatically happen when I first began receiving His Divine Love. It wasn't until many years later when I "graduated" from reading the Prayer for Divine Love and began speaking to Him personally. Well, when I say "speaking," this is really with my thoughts as I know He hears everything I'm thinking.

And when I'm thinking about the attributes of God, one that wasn't revealed in the messages, is there is a sweetness to His presence. Several months ago, I felt this sweetness so strong, I just knew it was coming from Him.

So now when I read Jesus' message about God's personality, I've added "sweetness" to the list of His loving attributes.

"God is Soul, and only Soul, which has in it all the attributes of Love {and sweetness} and wisdom and thought for the welfare of His creatures. He is a thinking and seeing God, and all the energies of His Soul are used to make men better and happier. As is the natural father of the man a personal father, so is the Great Soul of God, a Personal Father to all his children; and men when they have the development of their souls in the Divine Love will know that God is personal - something more than an all enveloping energy or force or mere manifestation of His existence."

God and His Personality

Re:Dear God, It's all about You 10 Jul 2013 21:21 #5911

• Joan
I was thinking this morning about another attribute that God has and that is, He's extremely "generous," not only with the time He spends with us when we seek for Him about this, that or the other, but when we send to God all the love that's in our heart and soul... He responds with a double or triple dose! :cheer:

It's really awesome and when we think of how many children God has in the spirit world and here on earth, well, it's very humbling to know that He comes to us wherever we are and meets us on our level. This is how He establishes a personal relationship with us when we're ready for it.

May we all be blessed with having this relationship so that we will become closer and closer to our true Father in Heaven.

Love and blessings,
Joan

This is My Fathers World 22 Jul 2013 05:05 #5917

• Jan
  • Thank you received: 35
When I first learned of the Divine Love messages and how God is a God of great love for his creation and not of a vindictive God of Wrath that required the blood of Jesus with his sacrifice to save me from my sins. I was relieved. I had sometime earlier before learning of the messages made the statement to my husband “what if it is all a lie and the devil is getting everyone to worship a man named Jesus instead of God our creator?” Of course I know now that there is no devil; but then that threw in the concept of spirits and the spirit world which was an awakening to me. Being raised in an orthodox church we were taught to stay away from such.

So every time I come across something in the bible that confirms to me that there has been previous knowledge of what the messages teach it helps to increase my faith in them.

There are three things that are mentioned in the bible so far that I have found and if there are any more please share.

Ecclesiastes 12:6 Breaking of the silver cord upon death. Wow how many times have a read through the bible and not seen or been taught that.

1 Peter 3:19 - By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; If Hell were forever why would he be preaching to spirits – Preaching to Spirits? There it is.

Matthew 12:32 - And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Yes I read it right – there is a world to come – if the world to come was only heaven then why would the “saved in heaven” be speaking against the Holy Ghost?

And finally last week I started singing an old hymn that I was raised up singing. I decided to look up on the internet the words to the song and wow there is was! Music of the spheres! How did they know there were spheres? In studying the origin of this song I found that it was originally a poem written by a pastor (Maltbie Babcock) in the 1800’s. On Sunday afternoons he would tell his wife that he was going out for a walk in his Father’s world. After his death the poem was found in his collection and later the words were put to music.

With so much Love – Here is the words to the hymn This is my Fathers World.

Jan

This is my Father's world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings
the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
his hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world,
the birds their carols raise,
the morning light, the lily white,
declare their maker's praise.
he shines in all that's fair;
in the rustling grass I hear him pass;
he speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad!
If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156