Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Why one should strive to be at-one with God? 04 Jun 2011 12:29 #4530

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
The answer to this question is put forth consistently throughout the messages, thinking about it, most, if not all the messages are directed towards the truth about "Why one should strive to be at-one with God".

Praying and Reading these messages often, will help create the soul condition that is needed to accept into the soul, God's Divine love, the inflowings of God's own love is proof to the soul that this gift is real and is from God.

Until one seeks and experiences this great gift from God, this truth will be as if non-existent and any amount of convincing will not be sufficient for the person that does not believe because of lack of experience.

But for the one that follows the teachings and finds the way to receive this great gift and receives it, even initially, now knows, and it becomes an eternal truth and the words "the new birth" that describe this change become finally understood.

The Divine Love of the Father and the New Birth of the Soul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Why one should strive to be at-one with God? 08 Jun 2011 21:35 #4535

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Why one should strive to be at-one with God?

For the answer to this question, I went to God and asked Him directly and His simple answer is this: Immortality.

Those of us here who know this Truth and are receiving God's Divine Love will be blessed with the assurance that we will live eternally after we receive in our soul a sufficient abundance of God's essence and have been transformed with the New Birth.

In Jesus' teachings, we learn that we will become God's Divine children and as such we become dependent on Him, not only for His Love, but to follow His Will and spiritual guidance.

So we are now in the preparatory stage as we go through soul development and our sins are slowly being removed so our soul will be in a pristine and holy condition, as God's soul is, when we progress to the Celestial Heavens.

Because we accept these Truths of God, any false beliefs that we may have had are blotted out and as our soul's longings and desires aspire to receive this free gift from God, His Holy Spirit responds to our call.

Once the Divine Love finds a lodgment in our soul, thankfully, there is no turning back... and who would want to. :cheer: To know the deep Love that our Heavenly Father has for each and everyone of us is humbling... to Love Him in return takes very little effort and is so worthwhile as it is a life changing experience for the best. :)

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:Why one should strive to be at-one with God? 11 Jun 2011 12:15 #4540

• Ian
To be immortal or not, and there is only one way to achieve it.

Jesus:
"True immortality, then, is the state or condition of the soul that has knowledge that, because of the Essence and qualities of itself, it cannot ever cease to live - the impossibility of its ever ceasing to live being known to it, and a fact.

It has been said that whatever has a beginning may have an ending, or that which was created may be dissolved into its elements. And the possibility of this is true, and no man or spirit can deny the truth of the assertion. In your earth life, you find that all things have an ending - that is, in their individual and composite form. In the spirit world, why may not the same fate attend created things? The fact that there are things in the spirit world that exist as a continuation of things of earth does not mean that they shall endure forever."
Immortality Only from the Immortal Can True Immortality Be Acquired

Re:Why one should strive to be at-one with God? 13 Jun 2011 16:35 #4544

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
I wanted to also add here another reason to strive to be at-one with God and that is it will make us more loving people. As our souls become transformed, it naturally follows that we will love more deeply, we will care more for others, our compassion will be stronger, we will be more patient and kind, and we will be more tolerant and understanding. We will have these same qualities that God has and not only is this a benefit for us who have been transformed but to everyone we come in contact with. We can be the change for a better world... even if it's just in our little corner of it. :)

May our Heavenly Father bless all of us abundantly with His amazing and powerful transforming Love that we now have the privilege of receiving.

Love,
Joan

Re:Why one should strive to be at-one with God? 09 Sep 2011 23:09 #5022

• Ian
"God is Soul, and only Soul, which has in it all the attributes of Love and wisdom and thought for the welfare of His creatures. He is a thinking and seeing God, and all the energies of His Soul are used to make men better and happier. As is the natural father of the man a personal father, so is the Great Soul of God, a Personal Father to all his children; and men when they have the development of their souls in the Divine Love will know that God is personal - something more than an all enveloping energy or force or mere manifestation of His existence."
God and His Personality

So true, the more the divine love comes into the soul, the more the Father becomes a personal Father and the more the child becomes a child of the Father.

Re:Why one should strive to be at-one with God? 10 Sep 2011 09:57 #5023

• Kathryn
  • Thank you received: 0
I truly believe that as we become more at one with God our souls do transform. For me personally, it has been a slow process but I have become very familiar with my connection to God. I know that he has been with me my entire life even when I wasn't tuning into him. When we seek his Love and it permeates our souls, we do become better people.

I tend to be a bit of an anxious person (at times). I worry about things more than I should and when I get like that and I start to pray to God for his Love its like I can hear him talking to me. He tells me that everything will be okay and to just have faith in him.

I love it when I am really dialed in to God. I can feel his Love. I feel safe and secure. I feel on top of the world and I tend to do more for others, not because I "should" but because I want to. Isn't it wonderful to help someone in need and to see the look of joy on somone's face? I have a mentally disabled Aunt that I care for and it is God's Love in me that encourages me to be there for her and I get such joy when I see a smile on her face. Sometimes I cry a tear of happiness because I also feel God's happiness. It makes me realize that it can be the simplest things in life that can truly make us happy.

I always tell my Christian friends. You can read the bible from front to back and back to front but it is the relationship with God that truly makes us at-one with him. Its his Love that transforms our souls and give us a new heart.

The one thing I love about our Truth is that it really is so very simple and all one needs to do is take the test. Diligently seek his Love to dwell within you on a daily basis and you will see a change in your life and you will know, without a doubt, that he is your Father and that he loves you.
John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again”

• Page: