Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Becoming a Divine Angel on earth. What inspires and motivates us to seek for this transformation now 14 Jun 2012 18:32 #5798

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This can be a very perplexing experience here on earth as we seek to develop our souls and yet live with minds that are conditioned with negative thinking and bodies that are out of natural harmony. Sometimes it feels like we are taking two steps forward and three backwards. I think though we are comparing our material natures which are not in harmony with our spiritual natures that are harmonious. Thus the dichotomy of harmony/dis-harmony. We love one and hate the other. We want to be in heaven and yet our feet are on the ground. We dwell in the world of darkness/light.

I feel these forces too and they are frustrating to say the least. I feel sometimes as though I am losing ground but....am I really. There is no disharmony in my heart as all is good there. It is where I feel love, the Love of God, for others and myself. In my heart I feel peace, joy and happiness. If I am not feeling these things it is because I am dwelling in the material, in my material mind and live in the world of opposites; good/bad, harmony/dis-harmony, good/evil, love/non-love. I love the one, hate the other. Is it possible to transcend this mindset whereas the world of opposites becomes the world of acceptance and love? In other-words, when I'm in conflict I'm not in my heart nature and feel all the negativity of life here on earth. I stressed from driving and the business of life, I'm disappointed I gained a few pounds, my back account is shrinking, the tire on the truck just went flat, my clothes don't fit anymore, the government is all liars, taxes are increasing while income is decreasing, health care costs are out the roof.....stop. Let's run a different reel.

Heavenly Father, this world sometimes sucks but that's because of my minds condition. Not everyone sees the same things, feels the same way and experiences life as hard, negative and a piece of crap. If I feel that way, that's on me and it's up to me to change it. If I don't like what I see then it's time to change the lens of my perception. It's human nature to blame it on our ancestors, we were born into the wrong family, our parents didn't love us, we have the wrong color skin, we're from the barrio,we were born with a disability. This is a victim mentality and one that never changes unless we change the movies in our mind and break out of this bilious thinking.

Where to start? How do we change ourselves? We hear old dogs can't learn new tricks. The secret of happiness is lowering one's expectations. In other words give up trying and take second best. This is a big pile of dog doo. If you want to think like that be my guest but I can guarantee you, we come back together in 5 years and compare notes and you'll still be in stinking thinking. I don't mean you but I mean the person who doesn't change their mindset. We've all heard the saying; the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Where to start? I started as a teenager 44 years ago crying out to God for help, for love, for comfort from the pain I felt as loneliness. My prayers over the years really haven't changed that much as I still pray for help, love and comfort. We call it Divine Love these days but it's the same longing of my youth and remains the constant longing of my soul. This longing, this aspiration is my connection with God, with reality, with peace, joy, goodness and hope. In my heart with God there are no opposites, no darkness, no sadness, failure, unhappiness, disappointments, fears...for all is love and acceptance. This is the nature of God's Love within us to transform the world of opposites as a constant condition of love and acceptance. For those who seek His Love and believe, we shall transcend our past, the world of opposites and eventually Love will prevail as a total condition of the heart.

Love,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Becoming a Divine Angel on earth. What inspires and motivates us to seek for this transformation now 15 Jun 2012 16:21 #5800

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
I enjoyed reading your post, Dan. :)

I just wanted to add that sometimes our distractions don't necessarily mean we're thinking negatively... it just means that circumstances are presented to us where we have to make a choice about what to do. For instance in my case, a few weeks ago the little two year old in my house came to my room after I came home from work and wanted to watch children's videos with me before her bedtime. So, of course, I was "all in" for this even though it's the same time as my prayer meditation sessions and this has become a nightly ritual since then. As she and her parents (my daughter and son-in-law) may be moving soon, well, my choice was to put off praying in this way until that happens.

When I think about how much Divine Love do I have, well, I think about what I was like a year ago and what were some of my favorite things to do. As I posted in another thread, I used to be an avid concert goer and even last fall I saw one of my favorite bands, Def Leppard (and the concert was awesome, by the way! :cheer: But when I learned that they were coming back this summer, I wasn't excited about it at all. It was like, okay, I guess I'm over them and all that kind of music I can live without... I've moved on.

Yesterday, I posted this message on my Divine Love Writings blog and I love what Jesus wrote through James E. Padgett:

"The Love of the Father is with you and filling your soul to an extent that you can hardly realize, for it is a Love that knows no limitation and is without bound or cessation."

Jesus encourages James to keep praying for more of God's Divine Love

When I read these personal writings it really resonates with me because I know that what Mr. Padgett experienced, the same thing is happening to me... and to all of us on this awesome Divine Love adventure. :)

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:Becoming a Divine Angel on earth. What inspires and motivates us to seek for this transformation now 15 Jun 2012 18:52 #5801

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think I hear you saying Joan that distractions are inevitable and that we can't avoid them. In your case your grand daughter wanted your attention which took away from your evening spiritual ritual. Recently I had a health issue which side lined me for awhile. Perhaps acceptance of all that happens and not labeling as good or bad but life, is the better response. Life is always changing and are lives are always changing too. Accepting this reality may be the lesson of the day.

Re:Becoming a Divine Angel on earth. What inspires and motivates us to seek for this transformation now 15 Jun 2012 21:29 #5802

• Joan
Dan wrote:

Life is always changing and are lives are always changing too. Accepting this reality may be the lesson of the day.

Yep, Dan, we know there are going to always be bumps in the road, but how we deal with it is also the key... not losing sight of the bigger picture of our soul's longings and desires to get closer to God... this we know from experience.

I don't know about you and Al, but for me posting here on this forum is akin to a Divine Love therapy session, 'cause it seems my soul is usually wide open and I can feel God's awesome Love flowing in.

And may I say, that God and Divine Love are always on my mind even though I may not be receiving it to the degree that I want it... as I've always said, I'm greedy for Divine Love and I want more of it! :cheer:

As to the little cutie pie who loves watching videos, well, she's been saying her prayers practically ever since she started talking and recently her mommie added another sentence, "God Divine Love me." She is the third generation of Divine Lovers (as my daughter calls herself) in my house and I'll just say that it warms my heart so that this is the case. And if it wasn't for her, I'd never know about "Small Potatoes" videos, which are so darling and to which I highly recommend for the tiny set. :)

God bless you and Al and all of us for our struggles, our triumphs and our perseverance.

Love and hugs,
Joan

Re:Becoming a Divine Angel on earth. What inspires and motivates us to seek for this transformation now 10 Aug 2013 04:45 #5959

• Joan
My reply is in response to Dan's post in the thread "My Spiritual Life," as I'd like to bring this thread back to Recent Discussions in the forum. Dan replied that he was going to try my "secret" of asking God for a hug as it helps me personalize my relationship with Him. And this is something everybody can do.

In Jesus' message, "Who and What is God? part 1," he wrote this:

He is not a God that is afar off, waiting for the arrival of the great judgment day, in order to approve or condemn His children according to the deeds done on earth, but He is with all men and spirits, in a way that His influence of love and beneficence may be felt by them, if they will only place themselves in that condition of receptivity of soul that such influence may be felt, for, as we have before said, the relationship and nearness of God to man depends, to a very large extent, upon the will and desires of man, himself.

Read the full message Who and What is God? part 1.

As Jesus wrote, and to make this personal, it is my will to have this relationship and nearness to God. In my very first post, I explored the possibility of becoming a Divine Angel on earth as we're told in the messages that, yes, indeed it is possible.

We also know that while on earth, Jesus had a nearness to God, the Father, and God was also his teacher. If we are walking in Jesus' footsteps, then it seems to me that the same blessing can happen with us if it is our will and we're committed to God. Jesus wasn't born Divine... only that his soul was created without sin or the propensity to sin. He prayed for Divine Love, just as we are and in his lifetime, he became the first Divine Angel. Granted his experience wasn't exactly like ours, but that shouldn't deter us from seeking the transformation now... it should inspire and motivate us! :cheer:

It has taken me all my adult life to get to this point of having a nearness to God and the reason for my pokiness may be because I tend to procrastinate. Imagine if I was a go-getter from the start, who knows I may be singing a different tune now. But it wasn't a priority then as it is now. I love getting closer to God and whether or not I reach this seemingly unattainable goal, well, only time will tell.

If anybody would like to share their thoughts on this topic, I'd love to read them.

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:Becoming a Divine Angel on earth. What inspires and motivates us to seek for this transformation now 12 Aug 2013 02:39 #5962

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan wrote:

I love getting closer to God and whether or not I reach this seemingly unattainable goal, well, only time will tell.

Joan, perhaps the goal is realized every time we turn to God in prayer for His Divine Love. The spaces between our prayers is the world of our mind that is gradually becoming absorbed into our soul. This absorption is a long process of expiation of all that is disharmonious to the Divine Love. This suffusion of Love works on the inside and overtakes our humanness and changes us eventually into a Divine Angel. I wish the process was faster too as I've spent my entire adult life seeking this soul transformation and realized that it doesn't happen overnight. Despite the fact that this has frustrated me and tested the mettle of my patience, I've never given up or lost hope. I know of nothing more efficacious in purifying the soul and affecting my heart nature. To me, this is the greatest discovery of my life.