Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Following the Will of God and Allowing Him to Guide Us. 05 Mar 2011 06:22 #4110

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Following the Will of God and Allowing Him to Guide Us. How have we set aside our free will?

What does it mean to follow the Will of God? And, further, if we do, how will our lives change? Will we have to give up any of our favorite things if we take this giant leap of faith?

Well, all of the above questions never crossed my mind when I first committed myself to our Heavenly Father over 14 years ago. I just knew in my heart and soul that I loved and needed Him to be with me and when I told Him I will follow you, I really meant it.

When this happened, I didn't know Him on such a personal level like the way it is today, but I was aware that He was leading me. This was a time of personal upheaval... so it was out with the old and in with the new... and rising to the next spiritual level is the best way to describe it. Many wonderful blessings, both spiritual and material, were given to me and there was no doubt that our Father was in my house.

Two years ago, I re-committed myself to Him, and this was the start of the spiritual closeness we now have and we're communicating all the time. He will tell me specifically what He wants me to do and, of course, it is my humblest honor and privilege to do as He asks.

Did I have to give up anything to follow Him... well, yes, personal changes were made again, but this was for my spiritual growth and soul development. I don't miss those things or even think about them as that was yesterday and He has given me a peace about it and the most awesome Love that brings me so much happiness and delight.

So following His Will is an easy thing to do. And I have it on good authority, that He would love it if all of His children would do the same.

Blessings in Divine Love.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Following the Will of God 05 Mar 2011 17:37 #4112

• brotherdavek
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Joan for you wonderful testimony. I have learned through experience in recovery fellowships on a daily basis for almost 29 years now that sharing our experience in spiritual growth is the most powerful and effective method for giving hope to others.

For me, I have to keep it simple, as my mind likes to complicate things. The first and formost for me has been "That God's Will is that I become At-One with Him/Her." That At-Onement is created by my deep, earnest and sincere longings of my soul's desires for His/Her Divine Love, the Essence and Substance of the Divine Soul, transmitted into my soul in God's Response to those longings and desires by the Holy Spirit.

I have found that the Truth given to James Padgett through automatic writings, that Divine Love is the fulfilling of all Law is true. The gradual transformation of the soul and the many effects of the Divine Love inside me has fulfilled this promise.

I once lived a life that was full of anger, resentment, hatred, fear, loneliness, etc. I was a sinful and hardhearted man. All created by the oh so very human beliefs and thoughts learned in this world. The dis-easment was crushing. The effects were depression and despair. I did not want to live and, in fact, was not truly living.

Prayer has solved all that, and that, not without my participation. The Divine Love, in my experience is the one great power to relieve humans from sin and error. It empowers to have the soul be able to "watch" the mind do its thing. If I want in my mind and desire in my soul, to know the truth that sets me free from my delusions, then slowly, surely, one by one they begin to drop away. Especially when I have access to the Truths delivered by the Celestial Angels in the Messages from Jesus.

I see that this thread may prove to be a lively and productive one.

Much love to all,
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:Following the Will of God 06 Mar 2011 19:11 #4117

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan wrote:

So following His Will is an easy thing to do. And I have it on good authority, that He would love it if all of His children would do the same.

Joan, when I read your post again I had to ask myself; do I really know the Will Of God? At first the question felt overwhelming and I wasn't sure I could answer it and then a little voice (angel) came to me and said, "of course you do, your Father wants you to be at-one with Him". Oh, of course!!!....I knew that. :laugh:

Sometimes we make our spirituality so complex and escoteric that even we don't understand what we believe. Can you sum up your total spiritual belief system in a sentence or two? Ok, Dan....it's your turn. Describe in brief your belief system.

Seek first, God's Divine Love in prayer and faith for its infusion into our soul and thereby become transformed by the power of God's Love as one's salvation and forgiveness for past transgressions.

See, that was simple and to the point, no beating around the bush. That's why I like the Divine Love Path to God, because its easy and simple and custom made to fit for all of us.

Re:Following the Will of God 06 Mar 2011 20:33 #4118

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Thank you Dave and Dan for your great posts.

As we become nearer to our Father in His Divine Essence, when we allow Him to, He will lead and guide us in all that we do. I know that I have a band of spirit guides who are with me, as James Padgett did, but I don't communicate with them or even know who they are. I always go directly to our Father, who is always with us and just a mental thought away.

Last night in my prayer session, I asked Him again what does He want me to do and He said, "Just keep doing what you're doing."

In November of 2009, I had a very awesome spiritual experience where my spirit body was taken to the Heavens and I heard Him speak to me and I have shared that here in another post. But once again, it is to tell all of His children that He is their God and their Father. So then I began posting on the city-data forum and sharing the good news of God's Divine Love in their Religion and Philosophy Forum.

Of course, the reactions have been mixed, because of the athiests and Christians who have different beliefs and opinions and knowing this in my communion with our Father last night, he gave to me an extra dose of courage and, of course, more of His Love to assist me in that on-going effort.

As we here choose to become His Divine children and we let Him know how much we dearly love Him, then He responds and blesses us abundantly with even more Love.

So, indeed, following His Will is so easy... and if anyone desires to have a permanent smile, this is the way to get it. :)

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Re:Following the Will of God 07 Mar 2011 01:35 #4120

• brotherdavek
  • Thank you received: 0
For me the next thing to seeking God's Divine Love, through my soul's desires and longings, is to Love God above all things. It seems to me that the soul's desires are to give love as well as receive. When I give all the Love that God has given me, Natural and Divine, back to God, in gratitude and thankfulness, I feel like the circle of Love is complete. I seem to understand what the Master said about his communions with God. It seems to me that if our souls are Created in the image and likeness of God's Great Soul, that God desires to receive our love also.

The next part of God's Will for us is to also experience the love that we have in giving and receiving it with each other. The unconditional acceptance of each other as God's Creations, and our brothers and sisters in that Creation. We all have one Creator. One Father, as Jesus said. One Mother, as many others say. But One God. All humans are His Creation, and all are worthy of love, saint or sinner, because we are all His Children. No other "reason" is needed. Any "reason" for not loving someone is an attempt to "play God," to be powerful, according to the human beliefs that we have inherited.

Back and behind all the aberrations of the mind's beliefs and thoughts that create the disharmony of the world that God has given us, is the soul, a beautiful and perfect Creation of God, just waiting to be restored to its Perfectness, as Created.

As the Master said "Love one another as I have loved you (with the Divine Love)." As we do just that, to the very best of our ability, others will want to know just what it is that we have, then, we are able to share what it is that we have learned through experience.
Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:Following the Will of God 09 Mar 2011 01:22 #4136

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
So true Dave.

All humans are His Creation, and all are worthy of love, saint or sinner

This is one of the things the whole world needs to know, this is one of Jesus' major teachings too, we should not only know it but live it in the treatment of ourselves and our brothers and sisters, as we are all God's children, and all are invited to be at-one with Him.

A great human created deterrent is the belief that we are not worthy enough to approach God, and to become worthy we must first become perfect, which really means that we must by ourselves get rid of all that is imperfect, and this acts a this great deterrent I mentioned, because who can become perfect?
When we pray from our soul we are speaking to God and God listens, and if the prayers are worthy of answering God will send to us what we need, and what we need is God's love in our souls, because without it we are empty vessels floating around in a sea of turbulence.

Another thing you mentioned there Dave and it was this

giving and receiving

I got to tell the day before you posted it there was a partially covered article from a magazine on the table all I saw was those words "giving and receiving" I think I glanced at it ten times or more as I walked past it.
I think a book could be written about those two words, or maybe even several books.

Love and Blessings, Ian

• Page: