Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Getting Closer to God 23 Jan 2011 23:11 #3877

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67

One of the things that was most helpful and hopeful for me was reading the messages through James about how Forgiveness works, how as the result of turning back to God and sincerely desiring, longing, for His Divine Love, that that Divine Love would come to me and fill me. In filling me would leave no room in my soul for anything to be judged. Only love would exist within me. My condition would be changed. There would be no condition of soul upon which the Law of Compensation or Recompense would have anything to work upon. The Divine Love itself would place the soul in a condition where the memories of past sins, the violations of God's Laws of Love and Harmony, would be removed by this Great Love.

Thanks for saying this Dave.

Oh how wonderful the world would be if everyone knew this and prayed to our Father, the hells would eventually be emptied because the children of the earth would not keep filling them up.
God's Love within ours souls would be the reason behind all of our actions, our thoughts, our feelings, our interactions, prayer would be constant and the joys that exist in heaven would be know to mankind, the condition of mankind as it is today and has been in the past, would become a distant memory of a past plagued with ignorance where men turned away from God to live their lives consumed by their own whims and fancies.
How the people of the world need to learn the whole truth that Jesus taught when on earth and now teaches from his heavens.
Some want to destroy the truth and keep mankind in their state of pain and lack, but the truth is revealed anew and is here, and will spread and eventually dispel these attacks against God's will who cares and loves all His children, and will lead anyone of them who sincerely prays to Him from their heart and soul and long for His love, into a heaven of splendor and beauty beyond description.
God is wonderful, God's love is the solution, thank you Jesus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Getting Closer to God 25 Jan 2011 12:01 #3884

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
brotherdavek wrote:

One of the things that was most helpful and hopeful for me was reading the messages through James about how Forgiveness works, how as the result of turning back to God and sincerely desiring, longing, for His Divine Love, that that Divine Love would come to me and fill me. In filling me would leave no room in my soul for anything to be judged. Only love would exist within me. My condition would be changed. There would be no condition of soul upon which the Law of Compensation or Recompense would have anything to work upon. The Divine Love itself would place the soul in a condition where the memories of past sins, the violations of God's Laws of Love and Harmony, would be removed by this Great Love.

Amen, brother Dave as this is perhaps the greatest truth revealed by Jesus to mankind and one that was never taught before his coming to earth. The concept of karma was taught before his time and continues to be taught in the world today, that we compensate and therefore suffer for our thoughts, desires and actions however no plan of restoration is included. The Christians come closest to teaching the truth of forgiveness and speak of being born again and being saved by God's Grace yet I doubt that many of them truly understand this principal as you explained it here Dave. That is why Jesus' message of forgiveness is so important to teach to mankind as this truth is little understood. It's such a wonderful blessing from our Heavenly Father that frees us from the bondage and enslavement of our sins and makes it possible to transcend self and become one of God's Celestial Angels.

Your loving brother in Christ,
Dan

Re:Getting Closer to God 31 Jan 2011 13:07 #3930

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It's interesting what silence can do for the soul, as this past weekend I paddled the Mt. Fork River and wilderness camped alone. The usual chatter in my brain was gone as I felt like a child with eyes wide open witnessing the unfolding of nature and God. My times of prayer were intense as I stood under the pines with arms stretched to the heavens calling out to my God of Love. It was a time of joy as everything came together so perfectly. First, was the cancellation of my paddling buddy as even though he would be missed, a solo paddling trip is real special. This was my time with God.

The weather couldn't be more perfect with light winds, balmy temps in the 60-70f temps and rain free. Yesterday morning during breakfast I asked God a question about Jesus' immortal words; seek ye first the kingdom and all else will be added unto you. I spent several hours writing, as black birds cawed and wood peckers hammered trees as I sat on pine straw and golden leaves. The weekend was most illuminating for me as a spiritual retreat of the finest kind.

One of my new avocations is photography as I took lots of nature landscape shots and was in my element to have gotten some of a bald eagle. My return paddle yesterday was so relaxed and in the moment, gliding along on glassy water. I'm sure to distill more of what occurred on the banks of the Mt. Fork River in Oklahoma this week as I further reflect. Another great journey for my Divine Paddler blog that I'll update with my trip write-up in a few days.

There's something special about leaving the busy world of man for a time as it really helps me to get a good perspective and a greater peacefulness within. There's much drama around us that seeks to distract from our higher nature and mission. Jesus also retreated to nature for prayer as it's good for soul to soul contact with God. I'm thankful that I give myself permission to take these trips into nature and to be alone with God and share with others the Love of our Heavenly Father.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Re:Getting Closer to God 31 Jan 2011 16:19 #3932

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67

There's something special about leaving the busy world of man for a time as it really helps me to get a good perspective and a greater peacefulness within. There's much drama around us that seeks to distract from our higher nature and mission. Jesus also retreated to nature for prayer as it's good for soul to soul contact with God. I'm thankful that I give myself permission to take these trips into nature and to be alone with God and share with others the Love of our Heavenly Father.

Hi Dan,
Glad to hear you had a great time in the relaxing wilderness.
This man made world of ours seems to go at a racing pace that leaves us with little time for spiritual and soul contemplation, when we leave this world and enter the soothing nature, it is then, we see how unnaturally fast this world is going.

This morning I sat in the kitchen, my mind full of things that needed to get done, then I noticed that I wasn't feeling all that good in my soul, so I stopped thinking about all of these things, and instead gazed outside at the trees, as my mind relaxed and the thoughts vacated, the wonderful feeling came back into my soul, this for me is praying, no words are needed, no petition for anything, no feelings of lack or want, but just an inner feeling to be close to God.
All of this happened within the space of a few seconds, this is not new for me, because I have done it before and many times, but it seems that when the mind is in the driving seat, so to speak, the soul takes the back seat, and when we discover that, we can do something about it.

As it portrays in the messages, not in these words though, these are mine, as long as the mind is in control it will direct the soul, but when the soul develops through receiving God's Divine Love, the mind of the soul comes into bloom, and the mind as we knew it, disappears or is absorbed into the mind of the soul.

I can understand this, because I have experienced the very beginnings of this transformation.

Love and Peace to all, Ian