Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Getting Closer to God 16 Jan 2011 15:54 #3825

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Loving God is so Easy!

When I learned the truth about who and what God is and that in order to live in Heaven with Him, I must pray for His Divine Love, then I began praying. It wasn't too long before I felt a jolt come into my heart and, frankly, it startled me.

"What is this?" I asked myself. "Is it God's Divine Love?"

Indeed, it was and for many years thereafter His wonderful love warms my heart and soul when I receive it.

But I wasn't close to Him in the sense that I considered Him to be my Father. I just knew He was far off in His Heavens and He was with me whenever I prayed to Him for whatever I thought I needed at the time.

A few years ago, I was going through this bout of sadness that wouldn't leave me. So I decided that when I prayed to God, I would send to Him all the love that was in my heart and soul. This was a new effort on my part and not really expecting anything in return, well, was I ever in for a delightful surprise. Not only was my sadness lifted, but God returned to me immediately His wonderful love with an intensity I'll never forget.

So this is when the love fest began with God and I began chatting with Him silently and I would hear everything He said. And as my soul became more developed with His Love, it was only natural that He was now my Father.

Loving God is so easy and I encourage everyone to strive for this closeness with Him, if you're not there yet. He's here for us with His Love and all we need to do is love Him in return to bring us true happiness.

Blessings in Divine Love.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Getting Closer to God 18 Jan 2011 11:19 #3838

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67

A few years ago, I was going through this bout of sadness that wouldn't leave me. So I decided that when I prayed to God, I would send to Him all the love that was in my heart and soul. This was a new effort on my part and not really expecting anything in return, well, was I ever in for a delightful surprise. Not only was my sadness lifted, but God returned to me immediately His wonderful love with an intensity I'll never forget.

Before I found Jesus' messages and began praying I didn't really know what love was, all I had seen up until then was the misuse of love more or less, I had a hard time even saying the word because in this world it was here today, gone tomorrow, this I found out to be the natural love and as it is now, it is unstable.
But as God's Divine Love came into me as I prayed, I began to find out what love really is, love is love, with no conditions, unconditional love, and when it is felt deeply within our soul you love everyone, we don't have to make rules and laws about the love of one for another because this comes naturally when God's divine love is in our heart and soul.

I know many believe that God is a long way off, I would turn that around and say that many are a long way off because they will not allow Him into their lives, and if they would only pray as these messages suggest, they would find out for themselves how close God really is, I love Him dearly, He is everything to me and my priority is to become closer to Him, I could never have said this without knowing from experience that this is true.

Re:Getting Closer to God 18 Jan 2011 12:01 #3840

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It's so inspirational to me to read your posts Joan and Ian as I never get tired or weary of hearing about how the Father's Love has changed our lives for the better. You're so right Ian, as there's not many good examples of love in our cultures to model as most folks are looking for love in all the wrong places. Fortunately for me, I found the Father's Love as a young adult and have followed this path of soul development in Love for all of my adult life. It hasn't produced for me great feats of magic where I can levitate, walk on burning coals, teleport my body and produce incredible phenomena as a result of my spiritual progression. What is has done though is even greater to me.

I was the victim of childhood abuse and ran away from home for my own safety and protection. Unfortunately the sins of the parents are passed down to the children as I too was abusive as a young parent. I became the monster that my Father was. I would spank, yell, hit and punish my children and I was mean to animals too and would kick them if I was angry. It pains me to even write of these things as it is so foreign to where I am now.

It is through the miracle of God's redeeming Love that I have found a peace from the rage and anger of my past as I haven't re-visited these feelings and emotions for many years now. When my last child was born I told myself that I would never hurt him physically or mentally and I have not. As for animals, there's a little guy sitting on my lap right now, a 4 pound Morkie (cross between Maltese and Yorkie) as he is totally attached to me and I to him. Now, when I see an animal I feel love flowing from me to this fabulous creature and they respond favorably to me too. The Father's Love has made me gentle as a lamb as this for me is the greatest testament of the power of the Father's Love. I know God's Love is real and that I will never go back to the monster I once was as I am becoming one of Gods' Angels of Love just like you, Ian and Joan.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Re:Getting Closer to God 18 Jan 2011 13:24 #3841

• Joan
Refinement of our Souls with Divine Love

What I've discovered from receiving God's Divine Love is that my soul has become very sensitive to certain things... like filthy language, for instance. This is a noticeable change because in the past, if anyone needed their mouth washed out with soap, it was me.

Years ago, I used to play golf and as people who have played this challenging game know how frustrating it is, well then, it's no wonder there is a lot of cussing out on the fairways. I won't say here the two words that popped out of my mouth on a regular basis whenever I missed hitting that teeny ball, but I said it so much that one of my golfing buddies gave me a necklace with just those two infamous words. And, of course, this was like the funniest thing and so, from then on, I wore that wacky necklace all the time.

Well, this is just one instance of my gutter language, but there are many more where that came from, believe me. So hearing people swear and use bad words, never really bothered me in the least, because I was right there saying the same thing up until a couple of years ago.

And I know that I'd still be there if it wasn't for the fact of the miracle of God's Divine Love, which I began receiving in abundance two years ago. The power of this love is so amazing because it removes whatever it is that defiles us and keeps us down and brings to us a clean and purified soul. So the change for me now is that when I hear or read filthy words, then it affects my soul and I cringe.

And what's even worse, these words infiltrate my brain and I start thinking about them and if something upsets me, here I go again, and as the old saying goes, I'm talking like a truck driver. But that said, my deepest apologies to truck drivers, who I'm sure don't talk this way unless, of course, they are driving on the congested freeways of SoCal, but I digress.

So this process of soul refinement doesn't happen overnight, and I know I have a long way to go to get to the stage where this won't affect me at all, but this refinement is something we can do for ourselves now by seeking for God's Divine Love in order to get the ball rolling before it is our turn to pass over to the next world beyond.

As we seek to know what God's Will is for us, may our souls become closer to Him with love and devotion and may our words reflect the sweetness of a child.

Re:Getting Closer to God 20 Jan 2011 21:34 #3848

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I found this that I wrote a while back, seems appropriate to put this here.

God Loves All His Children

Many sinners have the belief that because they have sinned, they are doomed, and will certainly end up in a hell because of what they have done. Many who think like this then go all the way and evil becomes a normal part of their everyday.
They believe they will be judged by an angry god who will never forgive them for what they have done. They then do all they can to enlarge their evilness, not caring anymore for the outcome of their actions, and care even less for their victims.

The truth is that we have all sinned, a bad thought is a sin, a bad thought directed at a certain person is a curse. Anyone who has not sinned stand up and say it out loud, no-one! not one! Well! At least we are being honest.
Can a sinner judge another sinner? This you can figure out for yourselves, but remember, God is watching and knows everything about you, every idle thought that has ever crossed your mind.
So what can be done?

Sinning is foremost to do with ignorance, ignorance of the truth, false beliefs will only last for a while and the damage they do will eventually be revealed to that person.
Even the most hardened sinners may be redeemed if they so will it.
God is all loving, all forgiving and will always be there for his children, if they will only turn to Him in soulful prayer.

Another form of separation from God is, the person who prayed to God and as far as they could see God did not answer them, or maybe it was that God did not answer in the manner they had anticipated and wished for.
God knows what is best for us, and sometimes what we think is best for us is detrimental to our own soul progress. It is the soul which is the important thing and the soul’s condition makes us who we are.
Avoiding the truth by creating our beliefs, the way we want them to be, will only prevent God's beneficial laws that He has deemed fit for us from working on our behalf.

I am writing this because in my travels, I have met people who have this idea that they are a lost cause when it comes to doing God’s will, or even shudder at the thought of approaching God, for them, God is for the priests and clergymen and not for sinners, but how wrong they are.
God loves all of His children and that means every single one of them, no matter what they have done. God waits patiently for their call and will not force Himself onto anyone; this is the great reason for our free will which God has bestowed upon us.
Do we want to be redeemed or not, the decision is ours.

Re:Getting Closer to God 21 Jan 2011 13:35 #3851

• Joan
God Will Remove Our Fears

Before I left for a break yesterday, I was at the reception desk checking my name off the out-of-office list and to the right of this list was a book of discount coupons for a water park that's not very far from my house. I made a comment to the receptionist about it and I mentioned that I had been there once and there is one water feature they have called the "lazy river" that is so relaxing. I asked her if she had ever been there.

She replied that, no, it's too far from where she lives and besides, she's deathly afraid of water. She revealed that she's been taking swimming lessons for five years now, but it's not helping to remove her fears.

I then explained that in this river, the water barely comes up past your knees, so she would be okay. But she said, nah, she's too afraid.

So then I said to her, "Why don't you ask God to remove your fears."

She replied, "Well, I never even thought about asking that. It didn't cross my mind."

"I do this all the time," I told her, "and it works."

She said she would try it. I know she will, because she's a Christian and is very involved with her church.

The other thing I know, just as I shared with her, is that God will remove our fears and all we have to do is ask, and Thy Will be done. Speaking from personal experience, I'm no longer afraid of death.