Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Transformation 13 Oct 2020 23:32 #8265

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50

This is the path of my choosing, to aspire to be more than I am in all things, to make personal excellence in thought, deed and character my guiding principal. If we already had it together we wouldn’t be having this conversation, but we don’t. And what are we going to do about it because it takes action, not just thinking about it to change things? This is the moment of our choosing, to remain static and comfortable or to confront those things that seem to stand in the way of our goals and dreams. The journey appears to be solitary but in truth, no one advances in a vacuum. We’re important to each other as examples, support and a positive influence...or not. Pick your friends and colleagues carefully as they can influence the outcome...You.

We can be anything or anyone we want to be. What are your desires and what are your excuses for not discovering them? This kind of self talk is needed to move forward, to aim higher.

Right on, Dan!

I love what you wrote here: "If we already had it together we wouldn’t be having this conversation..." Bingo! :cheer:

I'll be writing more later after I get home from my vacation next week. We're going to be seeing Jan on Sunday, so I'll make sure she knows we need her. I'm praying Ian will be here soon, too.

God bless.

Love,
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Transformation 14 Oct 2020 11:17 #8266

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan, so happy you’re meeting Jan, our Divine Sister in Christ. Having these DL connections with one another bolsters our faith and further edifies our spirituality. No doubt this will be a peak moment for her too. Perhaps we should send Ian an email of invitation too? It sounds like you’re having a nice vacation and probably a much needed respite from work. Next week I’m embarking on my annual tandem wilderness paddling adventure trip with a friend of mine. It’s a 5 hr. drive north into the Ouachita National Forest on Broken Bow Lake. We’ll pack all our camping gear into my canoe and paddle several miles to a remote wilderness location, totally isolated from the modern world and setup basecamp. I’ll be bringing a Dutch oven as I’m the camp cook. We’ll hang out in nature and do some day hikes and further paddling on this pristine mountain lake for 5 days. I usually do one or two of these a year with my paddling buddy and sometimes some solo trips too. Being out in nature is so conducive to prayer and inner reflection for me as it always recharges my batteries. It brings me closer to God.

I love you too,
Dan

Transformation 14 Oct 2020 21:59 #8267

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
I agree, Dan. And as Divine Love people, we need not fear a virus (or wear a mask) to prevent us from enjoying each other’s company. That’s great about your trip. I’m sure you’ll be totally uplifted. :)

We did go to the Arlington National Cemetery last week and found the headstone of James and Helen Padgett’s son, Edward Riddle Padgett and his wife Dora, which I’m attaching here. It's seems very interesting that there were four Padgett family members who died in an 11 year span of time: Helen in 1914; Helenita (daughter) in 1918; James in 1923; and Edward (son) in 1925. Their second son Henry lived to about 84 years and passed away in 1969. He's buried with his wife Hazel at the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, CA.

When it's our time to go to the great beyond, it'll be so fun meeting the Padgett family, who I'm sure are all Divine Angels... as well as my family, who I'm sure are all (crossing my fingers for this!) Divine Angels, too!
Attachments:

Transformation 16 Oct 2020 12:57 #8268

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Goodmorning dear Joan. I was happy to see your comment that we need not fear the virus or wear a mask, as I agree too. Without getting into politics or the politics of control I’m comforted agreeing with you about this debacle.

I’ve been in a few graveyards before, looking for someone’s headstone or paying my respects to another. It was at my father’s burial site in Maine that I reconciled with him, whom I had been estranged from in life here. It was done over several visits as I was up in Maine visiting my Mom. My Dad’s graveyard was a several mile walk from Mom’s in this sleepy little New England town. I poured out my feelings without reservation and released it all, good and bad feelings. And then I forgave him for abusing and hurting me as my father. Forgiving him released me from my anger and changed the landscape of my relationship with him. No longer angry at him, I was open to loving him and I began to remember the good things and the legacy he left behind for me. Because of our reconciliation beyond the grave, he has come back to me in spirit, with his love and has sought our Father’s Love as his redemption too. I believe he is a Celestial Angel now, partly because of my influence upon him to seek his own forgiveness and redemption for his own past.

Just like you shared Joan, in your closing remarks about how all the Padgett’s may be in the Celestial Heavens, I believe I’ll see part of my family there too. The power of one can have an incredible effect on the many.

Transformation 14 Nov 2020 22:48 #8273

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I’m having a strange but wonderful experience with God. Strange as in never having this experience before and wonderful because I see God as the causal effect. I had a vision of myself in the future when I was 18 and now I see it unfolding. I have wondered about this vision and discounted it but never rejected it. It’s hard to describe what this change is I’m feeling but it has me excited as I see the hand of God in this. Something is brewing up and I think for all whom pray and seek for God’s Love as their redemption, there are big changes ahead. All we have to do is stay focused on God and less on our own ego and become a viable and clear channel for God’s Love to others.

Transformation 15 Nov 2020 13:14 #8274

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Oh how I love coming back here now, a place to dwell together in the Father’s Love that transcends time and space. We are connected by something much higher than ourself that is directing the Show. We have picked our parts and act them out and find ourselves here, not by accident, but by design. Perhaps you have been guided by angels to such a place of sanctuary, meditation, prayer, learning and sharing. We grow not in a vacuum but in a society of souls that help one another in our upward spiral of harmony and love. We share-in our hearts as one heart seeking the Love of our Most Precious Heavenly Father.

I love you guys, even the ones I’ll never meet in person,
Dan