Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Transformation 06 Oct 2020 13:01 #8255

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joan, you mentioned recently the ebb and flow of spiritual progression and thought this important truth would be worthy of discussion. The concept of ebb and flow as in decrease and increase is akin to peaks and valley’s. There’s a time of lack and a time of plenty. Perhaps one of the mistakes some make regarding their spiritual development is that once they embark on their journey it’s going to always be the happy dance, feeling up and enlightened. In reality, it’s just the opposite sometimes as we face our fears and inner darkness and that isn’t pretty. And then there’s the other false expectation of instantaneous cleansing whereby one can leapfrog from where they are to a sentient level of being and consciousness in a very short time. The true reality of that, for those of us who have been seeking the Father’s Divine Love for nearly 50 years is that it’s a very slow progression of soul development. When I first learned of this DL option back in the early 70’s, I fully expected a spiritual progression of epic proportion. Some of my early colleagues and I would speak to how highly developed we’d become in 30 years and we’d be like guru’s. Funny, 50 years later and I see no guru’s in our midst. So, in essence, false expectations can sometimes disillusion us when things don’t turn out the way we thought they would. Perhaps disappointments like these can take the wind out of our sails and side line us for a bit which may account for an ebb in our progression.

And then there are other reasons for an ebb, which is not necessarily a negative thing but the natural flow of progression where we focus inward and spend more time in inner reflection, prayer and meditation. These times of introspection are essential to viable spiritual growth as we focus on God and our proactive relationship with him. In non-religious circles it’s called doing a check up from the neck up. I prefer though to think of it as a heart check. Is my love active and free flowing to all around me or am I caught up in the drama of the physical world?

On a personal note, I had asked myself that question recently as I found myself focusing so much of my time and energy on the contemplation of social issues of our time. I found myself more depressed, angrier and disappointed than before and it appeared to be leading me to a compromised spiritual condition and consciousness. Therefore I disengaged myself from these things and my soul feels like it’s starting to flourish again. So, sometimes we need to take an accounting of who we’re hanging out with and talking to as well as what we’re engaged in on social media that can have a big impact on our spirituality.

Interesting observation here, it appears that our ebb times may not always be a time of inner reflection and growth but may also be a man made block and detriment to our progression that sabotages our growth. Seems like we may need to ask ourselves questions about our times of ebb to determine if we’re throwing a cow patty into the equation and working against ourself. This is what happened to me as I had to disengage from social media. I found my fear and anxiety rising and decided that I must divorce myself from the cause, which was social media for me. Perhaps you may have something in your life that’s distracting you that you need to let go of? Doing this may effect the ebb and flow of your life too.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Transformation 06 Oct 2020 23:59 #8256

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Thank you for your wonderful posts, Dan. Much to think about. Will reply later. :)

Me and my two SoCal gal pals (Judy and Holly) are on vacation for the next two weeks in the Washington, DC area, North Carolina and Georgia. Today, we visited Helen and Helenita Padgett's gravesite. They are a part of the Heyde family gravesite at Mount Olivet Cemetery in Frederick, MD. James Padgett was cremated after his death.

A few years ago, several Divine Love followers donated to a fund to clean Helen's headstone. The result is fantastic. The headstones are as shining Divine Love Angels in the cemetery. I've posted one photo here (shows Adams). This is Helen's younger sister, Nancy and her husband. Helen and Helenita's information is on the left side of the headstone. I'll post those photos below.
Attachments:

Transformation 07 Oct 2020 00:04 #8257

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
Here is the information for both Helen and Helenita on the side of the headstone. For some reason a couple of the photos are sideways.

Tomorrow, we're going to the Arlington National Cemetery to visit the gravesite of Helen and James Padgett's son, Edward Riddle Padgett. Will post photos.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

Transformation 07 Oct 2020 13:10 #8258

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So very cool Joan. Helen was a very young woman to pass away at 54, the age of my Father’s passing too. Yes, the headstones look pristine and fitting for a Divine Angel. Thank you for your sharing here while you are on vacation. Your dedication to your soul’s growth thru the Father’s Love and your continued dedication to live and teach of this redemptive higher Love that saves us, is stellar. You are a brilliant Comet blazing her way to the Celestial Heavens and you leave in your wake a pull that takes us with you.

Transformation 07 Oct 2020 13:37 #8259

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
CAREFUL CONSIDERATIONS FOR INNER HEALTH AND WELL BEING

My son and I were chatting yesterday about the ebb and flow of our souls in relation to inner growth and how important it is to be very selective of who and what we allow into our circle of influence. He too had taken a hiatus from social media and now when he ventures back to it in more limited terms, he is less drawn into the drama of defensiveness from the arrows of others. He said he feels like the arrows go right thru him and doesn’t hit something inside that bothers him and wants to retaliate defensively. Disengaging from contentious thinking and behavior is essential to our well being and inner peace and further leaves it’s mark as an example to others to rise above our pettiness and embrace the higher nobility of our character. There is often such a reactionary and knee jerk response to others thoughts and opinions that is negative and disrespectful on social media. This climate is what has turned me off to Facebook and I seldom engage in this sphere of mentality any more as it appears to me to be a den of vipers, a dangerous and dark place, not enlightened with truth but wrought with personal opinion, conjecture and negativity.. Oddly for many, this is their only source of news and information. And further, it’s a portal of state run propaganda, a program of mind control that shapes the beliefs and values of it’s citizenry. So, you can see that my view of social media is not very high these days as I fear we’re being brainwashed and don’t even know it. For that reason I stopped watching the news on television too as I explore alternative news and information for broader opinions outside the box. We are heavily influenced by our environment as it behooves us to be very selective of who and what we let enter into the inner circle of our life. This simple truth is what protects our soul from the evil around us and keeps us from being pulled down the rabbit holes of darkness to other worlds, worlds that we call Hell.

Transformation 13 Oct 2020 12:48 #8264

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There seems to be two camps of thought regarding personal change and inner growth, one that says we’re ok just the way we are and there’s no need in becoming someone different, to transform into a better self. In other words, we’re ok just the way we are. And the other thought is that our greatness lies not in what we are but in what we can become.

I can see merit in self acceptance and living in the Now. Often we’re dwelling in the past or future in our minds and miss the mark of Being in the moment. This state of mind, often coined as mindfulness is often found in prayer and meditation as we focus on what is real to us in the moment. . I think this is essential to our well being and fundamental as it were.

Perhaps we can have our cake and eat it too as we can also aspire to aim higher, become more, do more and realize our higher self. It is in our nature to thrive and grow as we’re not wired as a static being but one in constant motion, change and growth. That is optimal as to our human potential however we often jinx and self sabotage our best efforts with our bad habits, false beliefs and negative thoughts and behavior. Do you feel like your life is progressive and moving forward towards your goals, dreams and ambitions?

As an older man, I see my contemporaries throwing in the towel and blaming their limitations on aging. What if our abilities were tied to our level of fitness? Would not this change or effect the outcome? A friend of mine, a paddling buddy has relegated his lack of strength and stamina to lug gear to aging as he says we’re getting older and can’t do things like we used to. Perhaps he is right to a certain degree however our physical abilities are predicated more on our level of health and fitness rather than age. Thirty years ago I backpacked with a gentleman who was then in his 70’s, my age now, and none of us youngins could keep up with him.

If I applied the first principal and simply accepted myself and my limitations as fate, I’ve lowered the bar on my expectations, therefore will realize mediocre results. However if I see that it is in my potential where increased function and ability are discovered, I’m not content with today’s results and aspire for more, to become more.

This is the path of my choosing, to aspire to be more than I am in all things, to make personal excellence in thought, deed and character my guiding principal. If we already had it together we wouldn’t be having this conversation, but we don’t. And what are we going to do about it because it takes action, not just thinking about it to change things? This is the moment of our choosing, to remain static and comfortable or to confront those things that seem to stand in the way of our goals and dreams. The journey appears to be solitary but in truth, no one advances in a vacuum. We’re important to each other as examples, support and a positive influence...or not. Pick your friends and colleagues carefully as they can influence the outcome...You.

We can be anything or anyone we want to be. What are your desires and what are your excuses for not discovering them? This kind of self talk is needed to move forward, to aim higher.