Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

When someone dies, it's not RIP 14 Dec 2016 16:47 #7900

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Yesterday, I learned of the passing of my cousin. Two minutes later, I learned of the passing of a television star. Since my cousin was in no way famous, I don't believe he received any media coverage, but the TV star did - Alan Thicke,RIP. May God bless them both on their spiritual journeys.

When I see the headlines with RIP (rest in peace), I think to myself..."Oh wow, are those people uninformed."

The only thing resting in peace - if a person is buried - is the skeleton, organs and physical body. This dead physical body will never be brought back to life. The end has come for it's earthly existence... never to be revived and brought back to life.

On the other hand... after death, our spirit body (with our soul encased therein) arises from our physical body and passes over to the spirit world (the Heavens). This becomes our new life and where our spiritual journey either begins... or continues as the case may be for those of us who have started it already here on earth.

So rather than writing RIP after a person "dies," what would be a better announcement. I'll try to think of more later, but here's one for me when it's my turn to go.

Joan Warden, Up,Up and Away!

:cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

When someone dies, it's not RIP 16 Dec 2016 18:07 #7901

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The prospects of death is very exciting but then again this is morbid, forbidden territory for most to talk about. Many see death as something to avoid and the unlucky soul that has just died is a tragedy. Death is a friend for most as they lose an ailing body, worn out and useless and discover their spirit body with full function and pain free. What a liberating feeling to be detached from the physical body and still have consciousness and a spirit body that is vibrant and whole. Yep, this earth plane is but a short stop in our greater destiny played out in the spirit world. Thanks Joan for talking about the forbidden word; death......a friend to all.

When someone dies, it's not RIP 14 Feb 2021 21:43 #8373

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 50
Helen Padgett wrote the best message about her passing over as to exactly what happened at the point of her "death."

"When I realized that the time had come for me to go, I did not fear to do so, but calmly waited, and thought that all my sufferings would soon end. And when my spirit left the body, I commenced to feel as if I was rising out of it, and that I was going upward to the place that I had so often heard my father speak about.

But I had scarcely awakened to the fact that my spirit had left the body before your mother had me in her arms, and was trying to tell me that I had nothing to fear, or any cause to feel that I was not with those that loved me. She was so beautiful that I hardly realized that it was she, and when I commenced to see that I was no longer in my body, I asked her not to leave me but to take me with her to where she lived. She told me that I could not go there, but that God had prepared a place for me to go to, and that she would accompany me and show me the truth of my future existence. I went with her, and she took me to a place that was very beautiful and filled with spirits who had recently passed over.

She did not leave me for a long time; and when she did, your father came to me and said, “I am Ned’s father, and want to help you to realize that you are now in the spirit world, and must not let the thoughts of the earth keep you from getting in a condition to learn that all of us are only waiting for the Love of God to help us to higher and better things."

Your grandmother soon came to me and told me who she was. She was so beautiful and bright that I scarcely could look at her; for her face was all aglow with what seemed to me to be a Heavenly light, and her voice was so sweet and musical that I thought she must be one of God’s angels that I had read about in the Bible. She told me of the things that God had prepared for me, and that He wanted me to love Him, and feel that He loved me.

But after awhile I commenced to think that I must be deceived in my sight and hearing, and was still on earth, and that I needed only my body again to know that I was still a mortal. Some time elapsed before I really became conscious that I was a spirit and was not on earth; for when I tried to talk to you, you would not listen to me and turned away from me, as if you did not see or hear me.

After a short time, your mother and father came to me again, and tried to persuade me that I must not continue in my belief that I was still of the earth, but must believe that I was in spirit life, and needed only the things of the spirit world to make me contented.

So you see, I was so very fortunate in having your dear parents and grandmother welcome me when I passed over. If they had not received me, I do not know to what condition of fear and distraction I might have been subjected. No spirit can learn the truth of the change unless in some way helped by others.

When you come over, I will be there to receive you and love you so much, that you will never have to go through the period of doubt that I did. Your father is also waiting to receive you; and in fact, all your spirit band have agreed that when you come, you will have nothing to fear for want of help and love..."

Read the rest of Helen's message here:  Helen Padgett's Experience of Passing Over to the Spirit World

Note: Helen's father was Rev. George W. Heyde; James "Ned" Padgett's mother was Ann Padgett, his father was John Padgett, and his Grandmother was Ann Rollins.

• Page: