Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thought For The Day 27 Aug 2016 15:29 #7779

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
And I consider myself a Christian, although I'm not baptised, don't go to church and am not connected to any earthly religion and never was.
And I still say I am a Christian, a true Christian, and like you, I believe that Jesus' teachings lead the way back to the Father, and I might add, the only way to at-onement with the Father and to immortality.

We are so fortunate to know what Jesus' true teachings are. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Thought For The Day 27 Aug 2016 17:50 #7780

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

And I consider myself a Christian, although I'm not baptised, don't go to church and am not connected to any earthly religion and never was.

Our common ground as Christians Ian is that we follow the teachings of Jesus. And since we believe that Jesus came back to earth in the form of his revelations through James Padgett, which fulfills his second coming, we follow those teachings and not those propagated through the various denominations of Christianity. They may differ on lesser issues but the one doctrine that is fundamental to them all is the Vicarious Atonement by Jesus. Jesus came back to all of us to say that this is a false doctrine and does not save us from our sins. Jesus teaches that God's Love is redemptive not his blood. This is what Jesus taught to the early Christians upon which our true heritage as Christians is based.

Thought For The Day 27 Aug 2016 18:45 #7781

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
I see that a lot on the internet Dan, "that Jesus saved us from our sins."
I really cannot fathom how anyone can believe that when there is so much sin everywhere, and I very much doubt that those people who repeat this line are without sin themselves. And that God sacrificed of His own beloved son, how terrible is that, accusing our loving Father of that monstrous act.
And to top it all for those who believe Jesus is God, then for them, God must have sacrificed himself!!!! as Jesus the son????
The mind boggles.
This is a crazy world, no wonder I never felt like I fitted in here.

Thought For The Day 31 Aug 2016 14:07 #7784

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
God is Love and love knows no limitations in it's heights or depths. It exists in the highest Heavens and reaches to the lowest hells and will in it's own time work it's own fulfillment. ~ Jesus

In this message from Jesus he says that all will come into harmony with the Will of God which is two fold; either they accept the gift of His Divine Love and seek it as their redemption or they will seek a self Salvation through personal effort, through renunciation of that which is disharmonious to their perfect creation. Both ways are harmonious to God, contrary to popular Christian thinking.

This message is comforting to me when I compare it to the present state of the world in which we live, here on earth. The state run media would have us believe that all is chaos and that we need more laws to curb the insanity. What we need is not more laws to control our behavior but a loving disposition that is kind, respectful of others, helpful, humanistic and caring. This is the nature that God plants into our hearts when we seek His Love as our salvation and redemption from disharmony.

God loves all, the faithful and the unfaithful. All are the object of His Love and he never abandons anyone even if they deny Him. He is such an awesome God.

Thought For The Day 01 Sep 2016 04:27 #7787

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
I call myself a Divine Love Christian, which may be redundant because as Jesus explains in this message, "Christ" or the "Christ Principle" is Divine Love.

"I desire tonight to write to you in reference to the way in which, as the preacher advises, "Christ may be in you." I know that it is almost universal among preachers of the orthodox church to teach their hearers that the way to salvation is to get Christ in them, and thereby they will be enabled to come into unity with the Father, and will cease to remain subject to the effects of sin and evil. Well, this teaching is the true foundation of salvation for the Celestial Heavens, provided it be understood by the preachers and the people what the true meaning of "Christ in you" is. Unless this meaning is comprehended, the fact that preacher or people may believe that they have Christ in them will not work the results that they may suppose or desire.

Many, and I may say the most of these professing Christians have ideas of what this expression means, in activated terms, that are not in accord with the true meaning of this condition of the soul. They believe that all that is necessary is to believe on Jesus as their savior by his sacrifice and death, that in so believing they have Christ in them, and that nothing else is required. They have no conception of the distinction between Jesus the man, and Christ the Spirit of Truth, or more correctly, the Spirit that manifests the existence of the Divine Love in the soul.

Christ is not a man in the sense that he is Jesus, the son of the Father, but Christ is that part of Jesus, or rather Quality, that came to him after he fully received the Divine Love into his soul, and was transformed into the very Essence of the Father in His Love. Thus Christ is not a man, but is the manifestation of this Love as bestowed upon Jesus, and made part of his very existence. And when men use the expression, "having Christ in you," if they could correctly understand the true purport of the same, they would know that it (the expression) means only that the Divine Love of the Father is in their souls. The indiscriminate use of the words "Jesus" and "Christ" is the cause of much misunderstanding among these Christians as to a number of the sayings of the Bible.

Jesus became the Christ only because he was the first to receive this Divine Love into his soul, and to manifest Its existence. And this Christ Principle is one that all men may possess, with the result that they will become at-one with the Father in His substance of Love and Immortality. It would be impossible for Jesus, the man, to get into or become a part of any mortal; and it would be equally impossible for Christ, as the man Jesus - even though perfect and free from sin - to become a part of anyone.

No, the meaning of "having Christ in you" is to have this Love of the Father in your soul, which can only be obtained through the working of the Holy Spirit as the instrument of the Father in bringing this Love into the soul. To many who hear the preachers' exhortations in this particular, the expression is only a mystery which they accept merely intellectually, feeling by such acceptance that they have the possession of this Christ - such mystery being their only evidence of the Truth of the Father's Love."

Christ May Be in You - What It Means

• Page: