Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help? "I want to attend a New Birth Church...." 16 Jul 2011 23:51 #4684

• Brianna
  • Brianna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I want to attend a New Birth Church, but they seem pretty rare. And sad to say, James E. Padgett and Jesus's teachings of the Divine Love is not on Wikipedia (not like their articles will be correct anyway.) Can I stay to a Christian Church, but still stick to the real teachings of Jesus? I was thinking of going to a Swedenborgian Church, because their beliefs are at least close to the Divine Love, even though some of the beliefs are erroneous. B)

Love,
Brianna
A proud spiritual lycanthrope. Forever a wolf at heart.

Part "normal", part autistic, all human.

The number one desperate secret wish I have in my heart is to go to the Great Wilderness in the Celestial Heavens, reunited with my Master, my "pack" of angels, and feel the welcoming, sweet embrace of my heart's desire. May you all find the Divine Love. God bless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Help??? 17 Jul 2011 00:56 #4685

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Brianna,

I assume from the Time Zone Clock on the home page that the new entry; New Jersey, is your home state. To my knowledge, there are no DL study groups meeting in your area. Presently, I believe California, Florida, Colorado and British Columbia are the only areas presently in North America that have active DL study groups. Perhaps you might consider starting one of your own in your home.

Mr. Padgett was encouraged by the Celestial Spirits to attend the Christian churches to help him with his own need at maintaining a high level of spiritual thought and longing for God's Love and often they would comment on the sermons that he heard as to their truthfulness. There are some DL brothers and sisters who presently attend the Christian churches also. I did for many years and taught Sunday school however when I was invited to be a deacon I left the church as I felt I couldn't represent the church and stand behind their orthodox theology without conflict and an honest heart.

Many of us long for fellowship with others of like belief and find ourselves barren of this experience. Perhaps that is why we come here to this forum so we can share in some form our common beliefs and passion in the Father's Divine Love.

Perhaps you'll find some common ground with others in your spiritual quest for fellowship and worship and also serve as a lamp of truth to other seekers. Good luck in your searching for a church.

Love and blessings,
Dan

Re:Help??? 17 Jul 2011 18:01 #4689

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 50
I have been to several Christian churches over the years, too, and sometimes I received God's Divine Love while I was there, but usually, my soul longings never materialize, especially with their message about Jesus dying on the cross to save our sins. This just makes me cringe. :)

My advice to you, Brianna, is to just experience them all. Find the one where the message is about love and the Holy Spirit. And, further, you will know which one you prefer by the people who attend, whether they are friendly and loving, or whether they ignore you.

I have been to religious concerts and, frankly, I didn't get much out of them. But not so with rock concerts! :cheer: Go to the place that makes you happy and where your soul opens up and the Divine Love flows in.

And may I suggest in the meantime that you listen to the music you love. It doesn't have to be religious. Whatever lifts up your soul... if you have an Ipod, or a youtube channel, select a bunch of favorites and hit playlist.

Receiving God's Divine Love can happen anywhere, at any time of the day, and it doesn't have to be in a church. Thanks be to God! :)

Love and blessings,
Joan

• Page: