Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Fireside Chat 17 Nov 2011 03:09 #5359

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Kathryn, I've been thinking about your love of the outdoors on my recent paddle trips. Another one starts tomorrow evening as a DL brother is driving up from Houston and we're headed 150 miles north into SE Oklahoma to a mountain lake. The lake is probably 2 miles wide near the dam and tapers back into the Mountain Fork River, which is about 35 miles long from north to south. This is an Army Corps of Engineer lake and local reservoir. There's no development on it as it's all pristine wilderness for camping and paddling.

I gave my friend a copy of the messages received by Padgett and he has been to our site here. We always touch upon the DL when we paddle together. I always look forward to these times to get real close to God and share this awesome experience with another soul too. Hope all is well for you and your family Kathryn.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fireside Chat 17 Nov 2011 04:15 #5360

• Kathryn
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Dan,

I am so glad that you are heading out into the outdoors.. I so dream of the time when I too can get out more :) When I am in God's creation it grounds me and I love to just take in all of the beauty of nature.

As you know my Mom is having some health issues and it is also my busiest time of year with my business so I have had little time to post but I am happy to report I still take time in my life for prayer as I need all of the DL I can get right now.

Wishing you a fabulous trip Dan and you should post some pics upon your return to share with us.

Blessings Dan, Kathryn
John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again”

Re:Fireside Chat 21 Nov 2011 13:17 #5376

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The weekend proved nothing less than Divine as my friend and I talked constantly about God and His Love. This was perhaps the most concentrated time of sharing with another brother about God's Love in my whole life. It was not contrived but natural as we kept affirming the beauty and power of God's transformative Love.

I shared with him that a dear and close Divine Brother has shared with me that serving others is perhaps our highest service to God. As I contemplated that statement I first limited my thinking to doing volunteer work and then I learned it's greater truth this weekend.

For those of you who may not know, I went on a wilderness canoe trip this weekend, where I paddled 16 miles on a mountain lake and camped in the woods with a fellow paddler. I found myself serving my friend the food I was cooking, even though we normally do our own cooking. I loved serving him and it occured to me that serving others is really what we all do everyday, at least to a minimum expectation. Most of us work and therefore serve others as our work undergirds the income and life of other human beings. But to go beyond that and put our hearts and hands to serving others in many small ways everyday is monumental

Here's a few highlights of some of our discussions and questions shared.

1. How could have Adam made such a huge mistake, what was he thinking? How could a perfect being with perfect thoughts create an imperfect thought?

2. My friend shared that he feels like he's growing spiritually and is becoming less dogmatic as a Catholic. He said that he prays for God's Divine Love.

3. We talked about our families and our struggles. Our sharings with this led us to the conclusion that asking God for greater help with this and to pray for others is. essential.

4. We talked almost constantly about prayer as it came up over and over and over in our talks.

Getting out in nature either alone or with others is the perfect opportunity to share with God. Even the paddle experience, as we crested waves together, the only sound, the wind and the paddle stroke was spiritual for me. I was constantly sending out my desires for God's Love as my mind wandered not to more trivial things. This was a good paddle.

Love,
Dan

Re:Fireside Chat 26 Nov 2011 16:48 #5399

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Three days and a thousand miles later we completed our Thanksgiving trek to west Texas. It is said that the holidays are often stressful for many as personalities and emotions are brought together. At times it was difficult to listen to some of the family chats and I just sat in the same room and couldn't engage in conversation. As we departed on our journey home I reflected on what I wanted to reflect upon and decided to ignore that which was negative and looked at the good that I saw and experienced. This is a wonderful change for me and further evidence of the transformative power of God's Love in moving me from negativity towards love.

Love,
Dan

Re:Fireside Chat 27 Nov 2011 15:33 #5401

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dan wrote:

serving others is really what we all do everyday

When we think about it, many of our activities in life serves the needs of other people. Unless we are a hermit our lives are centered around the principal of giving and serving the needs of others. We may wash our clothes or others may wash them for us or we may wash theirs. We may cook our food or others cook for us or we may cook their food. This is the fundamental principal of humankind which is designed by the Master Designer, God which is the principal of love. Love is at the root of service and giving to others and can form the matrix behind our giving and service to others.

Since we are rooted in this principal of love as being created in the image of God or created in the image of Love as it were, we are all engaged in the principal of giving, service and love for others. How well we serve this principal of love is the barometer of our love nature, either natural or Divine.

Musings of love.

Dan

Re:Fireside Chat 29 Nov 2011 13:12 #5410

• Dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was wondering about something that I'm going through; have any of you ever experienced this.

My desires for God's Divine Love are becoming more frequent and passionate and some of my material passions and desires are also increasing. Like many of you have read in Jesus' revelations through James Padgett, as we advance in our soul progression through God's Divine Love, we lose more and more of our material nature. For me though, it's still got a strong pull on me.

I don't know if I'm experiencing the battle beween good/evil...........darkness/light within me. Doing a gut check here, I'm not aware of any dark or nefarious forces from the spirit world that I can pick up on that may be misleading or influencing me. My desire for desirelessness to all other desire but that of God's Divine Love appears to have stirred up a malestrom of desire that seems to be fanned by something that has me puzzled. I find myself doing double time on praying now as I wrestle with this new challenge. Any thoughts on what's happening here? An inquiring soul wants to know.

Your loving friend,
Dan

P.S. I'm not a newbie here as I've been on the Divine Love path all of my adult life so this can't be from feeble desires for God's Divine Love.