Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Prayer Room

TOPIC: Prayers for Debra

Prayers for Debra 25 Nov 2017 14:18 #8064

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 79
Debbie and I are asking for your love and prayers as she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. We've started the medical process now of treatment which takes about a year. Our faith and hopeful expectations are high as we enter this new challenge with God and family and friends. It's been a bit emotional for me but that's ok because it's good for me to cry. We'll keep y'all posted on our progress with this. We love you guys.

Dan and Deb
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Prayers for Debra 28 Nov 2017 17:19 #8065

• Dan
Perhaps this thread can serve others who face life threatening illness or disease for themselves or for others. I think I'll continue this like diary entries.

dan

One Love Many Hearts

Prayers for Debra 28 Nov 2017 17:36 #8066

• Dan
11/28
Debbie felt a little tired this morning. I think though it's from our thousand mile drive to her Dad's for Thanksgiving. She begins chemo next week, something that she dreads. It's not the side effects she's worried about, it's losing her hair. I think she wants to get a wig. We visited the wig shop the other day and she liked one in particular. I'm 100 percent for it too. I think she'll see her beauty though, even without hair.

This is a very emotional experience for me however it makes me feel petty compared to what Deb is going to go through. Our strength lies in our love for each other, our Heavenly Father and a host of friends and family that embrace us. Thank you all for your prayers.

With thankfulness and love,
dan

One Love Many Hearts

Prayers for Debra 29 Nov 2017 14:51 #8067

• Dan
Waiting in Pre-op at hospital as Deb gets her medaport installed for her chemo treatment. If you don't know what that is, it's a plastic port with a tube installed at base of neck for her chemo. A somber mood this morning as we're both very quiet. Praying for God and His angels to surround us with love.
Attachments:

One Love Many Hearts

Prayers for Debra 02 Dec 2017 15:42 #8068

• Dan
We got Deb's first chemo treatment backed up a week so we can drive down to Austin next weekend to celebrate Christmas with our kids/grandkids. Deb loves being a grandma so much as I was so happy her oncologist rescheduled. This means so much to her. I love how everyone of her doctors have a prayer with us when we see them.

One Love Many Hearts

Prayers for Debra 05 Dec 2017 14:57 #8069

• Dan
An update and bit of good news, Deb's cancer has not metastasized and spread to other parts of her body. We were over joyed as it's only localized to her breast and lymph nodes. Next Monday begins her first chemo treatment. Meanwhile, joy joy as we celebrate Christmas and a birthday with our kids/grandbabies this weekend in Austin.

One Love Many Hearts