Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Acres of Diamonds 20 Feb 2012 23:03 #5616

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There's a classic story about a great diamond find many years ago about a gentleman who bought a farm and searched for diamonds and ended up giving up and selling his property and moving to South Africa to continue his quest never to find his pot of gold. The buyer of this property discovered a great diamond field on this farm and has been the subject of many a moral story of perseverance and not giving up because what we seek might be right under our noses.

Such was the case recently as a family crisis emerged and I thought, "here we go again". I was perplexed why one of my kids seems to live in crisis and bad things always happen to them. I understand the law of compensation and how we suffer for our thoughts and behavior but this person isn't a bad person and doesn't do evil and malicious things so I wondered why they seemed to suffer so much. I prayed on this and .....well I'll have to continue this in another post as the coffee shop I'm at and writing this post in is closing as the lights were just turned off. So the sequel to this post awaits my next entry.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Acres of Diamonds 21 Feb 2012 13:55 #5618

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Now where were we? Opportunities right in our own back yard. So I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about being bothered again with another crisis and feel like the peace at home is being shattered once again. And along with my feelings of selfishness I also wondered how can one person suffer so much who isn't a bad person? I asked them; do you feel like you're basically a positive or negative person? They replied neither as they had both, negative and positive thoughts. I then asked; are you happy or unhappy? They said, I have good days and bad days.

I didn't feel like I was gaining any ground in trying to help them discover the reasons why they were having so many problems. And then I thought about myself; am I more focused on trying to find the why as to why things don't work in my life or am I am more focused on how to change it? This question opened up another for me; have I shared with my child how God's Divine Love has helped me to overcome my own problems and crisis and has made an overall improvement in the harmony in my life? I realized that I had not which led to a phone call with them to share my testimony about how God's Divine Love has improved my life.

I called them up and shared my testimony about the power of God's Divine Love in my life and how it helps me manage my emotions and deal with the everyday problems that pop up. I shared that praying for God's Love is different than just believing that God loves us as we invite a substance and power within that we are not born with that transforms our life and brings to us greater harmony and peace. I believe if this person were to pray for God's Divine Love as a daily practice that greater peace will prevail in their life and crisis will diminish. After my phone chat I felt peaceful about this and believe that it is far better for them to focus on how to change things than to constantly seek why their life is not working. This is the path I have chosen too as I am far less concerned these days about the causes of things in my life and focus more on the solution; praying for God's Divine Love.

This is the acres of diamonds in my life as my family is close at heart and they too need my love and guidance. Sometimes we look far and wide to do God's work when it is sometimes right in our own backyard.

Love,
Dan

Re:Acres of Diamonds 21 Feb 2012 17:49 #5619

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
There is only so much you can do sometimes because in the end well, it is up to them, you did the main thing and I think it was the best thing, you shared the great truth, which is the solution.
Ian :)

• Page: