Forum Login

Translate! well almost

English Afrikaans Albanian Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bulgarian Catalan Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician Georgian German Greek Haitian Creole Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Icelandic Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Korean Latvian Lithuanian Macedonian Malay Maltese Norwegian Persian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swahili Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Vietnamese Welsh Yiddish

Jesus' Parables

Divine Love Quotes

Testimonies

La Verdad EspaƱol

Norsk Sannhet

Visitors Online

We have 179 guests and 1 member online

FAQ

Welcome, Guest
On-line study group
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Messages from Spirits of the Old Testament
Re: Message from Saul 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
Saul writes again on April 15, 1916, confirming this message from Mary, the mother of Jesus: Mary writes that Jesus was the natural son of Joseph and Mary.

I am here, Saul.

I want to write just a line as I see that tonight you have around you so many of the high spirits. I do not intend to say much, but I must tell you that I am in a condition of love that makes me happy as I see that you are.

I am not so high in my position or have so much of the soul development as have those who have just written you, but yet, I am a spirit who knows the truth of the Divine Love and a possessor of the Divine nature. I want to say to you both, pray and believe. Let not what others may write or say to the contrary cause you to doubt that the spirit who wrote you was Mary - not the Virgin Mary - but Mary the mother of Jesus. She is a beautiful and pure spirit and one who is filled with the Father's Love to a wonderful degree.

She also has her mother's nature to an extent that makes her love all the children of God, whether they be good or sinful, and she does pray to the Father for the sons of earth, but she is not pleased when mortals pray to her as some one who should be worshipped. She is only a spirit filled with love, and when they, I mean mortals, look upon her as a mother she is not displeased, for as I say she loves them all; but when they think that in order to reach the ear of the Father in seeking for His Love, they have to pray to her to intervene, she is sorely displeased and, if she could do so, would proclaim to them the great error and sin in believing in her and praying to her as a necessary intermediary between God and themselves.

Some day, mortals will know that the Father hears their prayers, just as he does the prayers of Mary or any other spirit, and that while she and all other spirits can help them, even by their prayers, yet God wants the prayers and soul longings of mortals directed to Himself.

I write this to show that some of the orthodox Christians make a great mistake in praying to the Virgin Mary or to any other saint, instead of to the Father.

I will not write more tonight, and will say that I, as well as the other spirits who are here tonight, love you with the love of a brother who knows the reality of this Divine Love.

Your brother in Christ
Saul
Joan
Administrator
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Divine Love Soulmates Location: Valencia, California USA Birthday: 04/26
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Message from Solomon 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
Solomon writes the following message through James E. Padgett on April 20, 1916: "What is the greatest thing in all the world?"

Solomon, of the Old Testament.

I come only to say, that very soon I desire to write you another message, conveying to you some great truth of the Father. I will not write more now, but will soon come.

(What is the greatest thing in all the world?)

Prayer and faith on the part of mortals; and Love - the Divine Love - on the part of God. The latter is waiting, and the former causes it to enter into the souls of men.

No other Truths are so great and momentous to men.

Let what I say sink deep into your memory, and try the experiment. I know you do try, but try and then try and never cease trying. Love will come to you and with it faith, and then knowledge, and then ownership.

I could write for a long time, yet, but I must not as you are tired. So with my love and blessings, I will say good night, and may the Father's Love take possession of you.

Your brother in Christ,
Solomon
Joan
Administrator
graph

Message from Samuel 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
On September 10, 1916, Samuel Writes about "Happiness and peace that passeth all understanding comes to the possessor of the Divine Love."

I am here, Samuel.

I come to write you that I am with you in love and hope for your present blessing and happiness. I know that the worries of life prevent you from realizing the influence of this Great Love which is surrounding you and which is ready and waiting to fill your soul to its fullness. But if you will pray more to the Father and exercise your faith, you will find that your worries will lessen, and peace will come to you in such abundance and beauty that you will feel like a new man.

As John said, with this faith, Love will flow into your soul, and you will realize to some extent the joys of our celestial conditions; for the Love that may be yours is the same Love, in its nature, that we possess, and that has made angels of us all, and inhabitants of the Father's Kingdom. Only believe, and you will realize how willing this Love is to take possession of your soul, and make you so happy that even the troubles that you have will not be sufficient to take from you the great peace that surpasseth all understanding.

I have been in the spirit for many years and have possessed this Love for a long time, and know by actual experience what it is, and what great joy it brings to its possessor, so that you can rely on what I promise you, and feel the certainty that actual knowledge gives. I am now, a wholly redeemed child of the Father, and one who knows that His Divine Love in the soul makes the man or spirit of the Essence of the Father. When this Love enters the soul of man it increases like the leaven in the dough, and continues in its work until the whole soul is impregnated with it, and everything of sin or error is wholly eradicated.

Love worketh all things that man can wish for or conceive of, and more besides. Paul's description of Love and the wonderful qualities and conditions that emanate from it, does not contain all its emanations and resultant happiness.

But I must not write more tonight for it is late and you are tiring. So believe what I have said, and try to follow my advice, and you will soon experience that peace and happiness which only this Love can bring to the souls of men. So with my love and blessings I will say good night.

Your brother in Christ,
Samuel
Joan
Administrator
graph

Re: Message from Elias the Prophet 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
This message was written through James E. Padgett on October 1, 1916.

Elias (Elijah) on the history of the times when he lived on earth. He never knew of the Divine Love until Jesus came to earth and made known its rebestowal.

I am here, Elias.

I was the prophet of old and now I am an inhabitant of the Celestial Heaven and an immortal child of the Father. I have been present on several occasions when the high spirits were writing to you and have been much interested in the work, which they are doing and in the work which you are doing, for you are doing a wonderful work in helping the dark spirits of suffering, and in bringing these spirits in close communion with the higher spirits who can show them the way to the Father's Love.

I would like to write you a long message tonight upon the history of the times in which I lived, and the knowledge that we, who were looked upon and written about as prophets, had as to the relationship between God and man; and what some of our experiences were with the spirits of the Heavens who came to us and communicated some of the truths of the Father.

And I will say, in all our knowledge of truth, we never understood what the Divine Love of the Father was as distinguished from the love that He bestowed on all men irrespective of their seeking for His Love, and irrespective of the fact that they were sinful and disobedient to His commands.

As I now know we could not have understood what this Divine Love meant, or ever have possessed it, for in my time and until the coming of Jesus, the privilege of men receiving it did not exist. The Father had withdrawn this privilege from humanity.

But we did receive spiritual knowledge of those things that would make man better in his moral nature and bring him closer to the Father in his natural love; and our efforts were directed towards making the people understand these things and the necessity of complying with the moral laws.

As I said, I should like to write you a long message, but there is another present who desires to write and I will stop. But I will come soon and deliver my message and, in the meantime, I will pray for you and try to help you in your soul development and in your work.

With all my love and blessings I will say good night.

Your brother in Christ,
Elias
Joan
Administrator
graph

Re: Message from Elias the Prophet 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
Another message from Elias received by Mr. Padgett on October 11, 1916.

I am here, Elias. (Elijah, Prophet to the Hebrews.)

I will write a short message to-night as I promised.

While on earth, I was a prophet to the Hebrews and tried to warn them that God was not pleased with the manner, in which they were living, especially in not obeying the commandments, as to their worship and the individual lives they were leading. I was not a man who knew the attributes of God as I now know them, for then, to me, He was more a God of wrath and jealousy, than of love and mercy, and the most of my teachings were to warn the Hebrews of the wrath that would certainly fall upon them unless, they were more obedient and followed the laws of Moses.

I now know that the wrath of God is not a thing to be feared, and that His wrath is not a thing of reality. That when men disobey His laws and neglect to worship Him in truth and in spirit, His feeling towards them is one more of pity and sorrow than of wrath, and that instead of punishment He extends to them His Mercy and Love.

In my time the God of Love was not known to the people in any practical way although He was written of as a God of Love, and the people were not looking so much for love as the fearing His wrath; and it was only by threatening them with His wrath could they be made to realize that they were disobedient and aliens from Him.

They had not that soul development that comes with love, and their aspirations were almost wholly for the possession of the things of life and for a happiness that such possession could give to them, as they thought. They expected a Kingdom of God on earth, and such Kingdom was to be one that should rule and govern the earthly affairs of men. Of course they believed that when such Kingdom should be established, sin and the troubles of life would be eradicated, and all the world would be subject to the dominion of such Kingdom.

Their hopes and aspirations were in the nature of national hopes and aspirations, and not in those of the individual. The individual was swallowed up in the nation and happiness was to be a national one instead of an individual one, except so far as the national happiness might be reflected upon and partaken of by the individuals.

I, myself, knew nothing of the Divine Love, and could not possibly have known, for then it was not open to man's seeking, as it had not been restored by the Father.

But I knew of a higher development of the natural love, than did most of the people, and realized what increased happiness such development would give to the individual who might possess it. I also knew that prosperity and power of the nation, as such, would not bring the happiness of love, but only the pleasures and satisfaction which increased possessions would naturally create.

Read more here: Elias (Elijah): His experience while on earth and the spirit world. Transfiguration on the Mount a reality.
Joan
Administrator
graph

Re: Message from Elias the Prophet 3 Months ago  
Next one from Elias received by James E. Padgett on October 22, 1916:

I am here, Elias.

I come tonight to say a few words on the sermon of the preacher and also because I was an early spiritualist and all down the ages have had knowledge of the communications between spirits and mortals.

Tonight at the church, there were many spirits present and as the preacher said "every particle of space in the building was occupied by spirits" - some of the higher order and others of the lower planes where conditions are dark, but there were many there and interested, for nearly every person in the audience had some spirit friend or guardian angel with him, and as the various members of the congregation differed in their condition of soul development or spiritual enlightenment, so they attracted considerable spirits.

But in addition to these who were attracted by their respective mortal friends or relatives, there were a number of spirits from the higher spheres who were interested in the occasion. For it is not often that an orthodox congregation has the opportunity or takes the opportunity to listen to a sermon upon the theme that the preacher dealt with tonight, and if you could have seen the difference in the workings of the minds and understandings and the effect upon the preconceived beliefs of the several members of the congregation, you would have been surprised and realized more fully the powers that belief has upon the consciousness of mortals.

I do not intend to analyze the sermon, but must say that the same was a surprise to many of the orthodox as well as to some who are spiritualists. The preacher declared many truths that were repugnant to a number of his congregation because in their blind belief in their creeds and dogmas, they had not the right that any real orthodox minister could have believed and proclaimed such doctrines as the preacher declared.

He is a true spiritualist so far as the propositions of continuous life and inter-communication are concerned, but he hardly dares announce his beliefs in the language of spiritualism and he may have been wise in not doing so as the effect would not be very desirable upon many of his hearers. He is not very well versed in the truths of spiritualism, in matters which deal with its philosophy or religion and, consequently, he does not understand the great importance of searching for and finding the truths which these means afford of learning these truths.

But the seeds of truth are in his mind and conviction and he is in that condition which renders him susceptible to receiving the truths should they be presented to him in such a manner as to appeal to his beliefs and to his reason. And as he has a great deal of the soul development by reason of his possession of the Divine Love, the higher truths which have been revealed to you will appeal to him, more especially to his soul sense than to the sense of his mind conditions.

I know it would, at first, be a shock to him to learn that his intellectual belief in the doctrines of the trinity and the vicarious atonement and kindred portions of the creed of his church are all untrue and short of any basis in fact but nevertheless should he learn of the great truths of the plan of God for man's salvation, he would not hesitate to embrace these truths and even dare to proclaim them.

In a way he will prove to be a kind of pioneer in the work of spreading the true religion that must ultimately become known to and received by mankind and tonight's sermon may cause many of his hearers to regard spiritualism in a little different light, not as the creature of devils and evil spirits, but on the manifestation of the natural as I may say the reasonable workings of the laws of God upon the actual and normal relationship of spirits and mortals. The preacher's sermon will do the cause of truth much good, because it will tend to open up the minds of many to gain a respectful hearing to any attempts that may be made to enlighten them as to the reality of the truths of spiritualism.

One thing he said and that is that very few mediums can be depended upon in conjunction with the prejudice that exists in the minds of the orthodox against everything that has the flavor of spiritualism may tend to prevent the conversion of these people to its truths or even to attempt even if mere curiosity may be the moving cause.

We are pleased that the preacher took the position that he did in declaring his belief that spiritual communion is a fact and in giving the illustration of its several phases although he left the results or causes of such manifestation in a rather uncertain meaning. His hearers may infer that he meant that God, as contradistinguished from spirits was the voices or the cause of the visions or manifestations that he referred to in some mysterious or super-natural way in the exercise of His omniscience.

I merely wanted to write these few things to give you an idea of how important the teachings of the preacher may be proved to be in opening up the minds of many of his hearers. And as I close, let me say that all down the ages spiritualism has existed and been demonstrated and prophets and apostles and mediums and men have heard the voices of spirits and seen the materialized spirits and received the inspirations of spirits of good and evil.

I will not write more tonight and I hope you are not disappointed that I wrote instead of John, for we intended that you should be surprised somewhat in the writer, that is, the personality of the writer for we saw that you rather expected that John might write.

Many of your spirit friends have been with you tonight and they accompanied you to the rooms where you and your friend sat and discussed the sermon and the preacher and things connected with us and our messages. I will not write more tonight. With our love and blessings, I will say that we are

Your brother in Christ.
Elias
Joan
Administrator
graph

Go to topPage: 1234